Custom Roadster head on order!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.I.G.

Reaction score
Well, I just got off the phone with my local Mesa dealer for the third time today. After two e-mails, three phone calls to Mesa customer service, a phone call to the Mesa Hollywood store by myself, AND two e-mails, two phone calls, and a conference call between my dealer, his rep, and the production manager at Mesa...I finally have my custom Roadster head ordered!!!!

I custom ordered a Roadster head with a complete black diamond plate front panel (rather than half diamond plate, half vinyl) and with the aluminum vents on the front (like a Dual Rectifier). :D It was a $159 up charge but well worth it to me.

After this whole process I can't help but think that the right hand isn't talking to the left hand at Mesa because I got a different answer from everyone I talked to. However, I can understand the confusion because it is a relatively new amp in their lineup and there are some gray areas regarding what they can and can't do to certain amps. Even though there has been a lot of confusion around my custom order, everyone at Mesa has been very responsive and helpful.

Apparently when my dealer talked to the Mesa factory, he said that the reason why they don't offer certain options on the Roadster head is because they are trying to establish a "look" for the Roadster. I guess they want it to be distinct and not confused with a Dual Rectifier.

The moral of the story is that persistence pays off. I should have the new head in 6-8 weeks. I'll post pics as soon as I get it! Hopefully there aren't anymore hang-ups....

Yup, I dig the black diamond plate. It's not quite as in-your-face as the chrome DP (although I still like the look of my stock Dual Rec). I'm pretty pumped to see how it turns out. Now I have to wait.... :x

Grandor said:
So are the aluminium vents black also?

That's an excelent question. I told my dealer that I wanted the brushed aluminum vents, but I think it would look killer with the black as well. I might not have a choice though.

I was told that the reason why they weren't going to do the full diamond plate front for me to begin with is because they get many of the metal parts prestamped or prefabricated. So if they get black diamond plate front panels for rectos with the black vents in them already, that's probably what I'll get. Like I mentioned though, I think it would look cool with either the brushed aluminum or black vents, I just wanted to make sure I got the vents on it.

My dealer also mentioned to me when he got off the phone with Mesa that it would look like a Dual Rec (which is what I want). Specifially, it won't have the rolled black diamond plate, it will be a straight front panel like the dual and triple recs.

G.I.G. said:
I guess they want it to be distinct and not confused with a Dual Rectifier.
The Roadster is a Daul Rec. as is the Solo, Tremoverb and Roadking. Makes sense that it should have some similarities???

RoadsterCombo-Fnt-MAIN.gif

J.R.B. said:
The Roadster is a Daul Rec. as is the Solo, Tremoverb and Roadking. Makes sense that it should have some similarities???

Yeah, I agree. I guess they just want to set it apart from the rest of the pack so it gets it's own identity within the recto family.

Latest posts

Back