Custom Hardwood price

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovetuber

Reaction score
If I were to send in a Mark III combo to have Mesa put birdseye maple hardwood around the chassis and remove the tolex, about how much would that cost?

Yikes. Anyone know a rough estimate? On the Boogie Files it says hardwoods are $650, I dunno if birdseye maple is more or not. That's super expensive though.

I suggest you to have it made by someone who works wood.
I have just bought a Mark III head that was redone that way (not maple, but it looks very pretty) and cost about $120 according to what the previous owner told me.

Hmmmm , lets break it down cold d. i. y. style :

Planer 12.5 " 250.00
dovetail jig 24" 350.00
Router kit 250.00
8 ' x 12 " x 4/4 curly or birdseye maple 80. - 150.00+
wicker cane , sus -4 , handle ,baffle , grill mat 'l 60.00 +
+ incidentals like sandpaper , woodfinish , trips to the E. R. or :
Call boog , get a quote .
But once you got those tools , you can build any box you want and even guitars ....
:wink:

I don't even know what kind of wood it is, as the head had been already redone when I bought it.
I'd be more than glad to post a picture, send me a PM and I will send it to you via e-mail no problem!
I don't have a website so I wouldn't know how to share it in another way.

Luca

groovetuber said:
If I were to send in a Mark III combo to have Mesa put birdseye maple hardwood around the chassis and remove the tolex, about how much would that cost?
Not sure what you mean put "birdeye maple around chassis and remove tolex" because basically they're going to build you a new wood cabinet. You keep the original cabinet.

Quoted $120! That's an excellent price because a plank of figured maple like birdseye cost quite a bit.

Buddy said:
Hmmmm , lets break it down cold d. i. y. style :

Planer 12.5 " 250.00
dovetail jig 24" 350.00
Router kit 250.00
8 ' x 12 " x 4/4 curly or birdseye maple 80. - 150.00+
wicker cane , sus -4 , handle ,baffle , grill mat 'l 60.00 +
+ incidentals like sandpaper , woodfinish , trips to the E. R. or :
Call boog , get a quote .
But once you got those tools , you can build any box you want and even guitars ....
Wink
I'm a woodworker and yeah, that's pretty much sums it up. Well actually the planar would cost more, there's less expensive dovetail jigs ... :lol:

From Mesa, this would cost over $800. I've called looking for hardwood, and the price is outrageous.

Back