Custom Audio Electronics / Suhr: OD-100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amazing amps. Their tones are all very transparent....but if you can't play the Suhr amps will expose you as a hack.

They are great.

I love Suhr guitars, but do not like the voicing of any of the OD amps, except the Badger series. They are exceptionally well made, but they don't float my boat. I prefer MKIV's, Stilletto's, Fuchs, Deizel, Soldano, Splawn's over them.

my .02

Seem to be pretty great amps, but way too expensive. I tried to built channel3 from the SE3+, but it isn't working as it should, not yet. Next week after my exams I will try fixing it. I will let you know how it sounds.

My buddy has an OD100. I've played through it a few times, and honestly, it has some of the best clean tone I've ever heard, BUT........if you're into metal, I don't think it's a good choice.

Strategy500 said:
My buddy has an OD100. I've played through it a few times, and honestly, it has some of the best clean tone I've ever heard, BUT........if you're into metal, I don't think it's a good choice.

http://www.suhrguitars.com/downloads/video/wm/RM_Track1_Old_School.wmv

I've seen that video before, Rob Marcello is indeed a bad MOFO. To be able to harmonize over a backing track like that takes some incredible skill and timing. :shock: 8)

Not sure I'd call his tone 'metal'...yes it has a lot of overdrive but it also has a lot of midrange.

I think when guys say 'not really a metal amp' they mean it doesnt have that evil scooped dark tone that Recs and other 6L6 amps pull off so easily.

That guy looks sooo bored playing and is probably thinking "if i weren't getting paid $XXXXX I wouldn't be doing this stupid performance for these suckpigs"

I don't think his tone is very metalish as stated above. It sounds like Yngwie 2.0

Greg

When I said metal, guess I should have not been so vague, but I was thinking more along the lines of Carcass, Disturbed, Opeth, etc. Don't know if that really helps any.

You can have a metal tone on a Peavey Blazer 158 if that's what "metal" sounds like to you so I don't see where this is going.

THe OD100 sounds good as do many other amps.

Greg

I actually just dicthed my Roadster to custom order an Ecstasy. . . But after pairing up the Ecstasy head to head with the OD100, I ordered one of those instead. It's a lot more compliant with my tonal range (Schon/Petrucci/Lifeson/) than the Roadster, and much more versatile than most amps I've ever played. And it will play nice with my pedalboard.

Latest posts

Back