Curious... Mark IV with 6v6s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Just how quiet is the amp with 6v6s? I mean once you turn it up loud enough to get all the good power tube distortion. Is this a middle of the night bedroom level jamming amp when set up like this? I am curious because I hate using my headphones through my preamp for those late night urges and don't like the cops...

I can't rock with my Fender Champ (6 watts) in the middle of the night as it's still loud. With 6v6's in the Mark IV you can get power tube distortion on stage without an attenuator.

How loud is loud? Keeping up with a band loud? You said power tube distortion on stage. You can get that with the EL-34's in the outer sockets. I thought that the 6v6s were way less powerful than the EL-34's. I will have to just try it I guess. I currently have all 6L6's in the head right now and can't get power tube distortion at home. I might throw the power brake in the chain and try it that way. I just hate the tone suck of attenuators. I guess running a 4x12 doesn't help either.

Back