"cranking" a LSS...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilpit

Reaction score
I keep trying to make it work, being a long time Marshall player, I feel obligated to turn the master volume to 10
But whenever I do a couple of things happen

1. The clean channel distorts like a mother (That is to be expected)
2. I can NOT balance the channels, volume wise...channel 2 is always significantly louder than channel one, even with C1 on 30 watts and 2 on 5

Are these amps just not meant to be cranked?

oilpit said:
I keep trying to make it work, being a long time Marshall player, I feel obligated to turn the master volume to 10
But whenever I do a couple of things happen

1. The clean channel distorts like a mother (That is to be expected)
2. I can NOT balance the channels, volume wise...channel 2 is always significantly louder than channel one, even with C1 on 30 watts and 2 on 5

Are these amps just not meant to be cranked?

Well the LSS has no clean headroom.......I have cranked sitting in with a blues band and I was using a 335......it was thick and creamy however I could not get a clean sound because the band was so loud I had to crank it to be heard and that resulted in a distorted tone.......However I must admit I liked that distorted tone!

If you want cleaner headroom get a LSC

That's why I switched to a classic, because the sound changed so much on a special when cranked. I suppose running it through the PA is the answer and not crankin the special...

plan-x said:
Same thing happens with the LSC. The gain ch is stupid loud.
True, my gain ch volume control is at 9 o'clock and clean ch is at 11.

plan-x said:
Same thing happens with the LSC. The gain ch is stupid loud.

Then again that's why it's called a gain channel! ;)

We are guitar players! Aren't we supposed to be loud? Ha ha! J/k

Back