Cost of a Short or Medium Headshell for a Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Does anyone know what a (new or used) Short or Medium Headshell for a Mark IV would cost? Thinking about doing a transplant. Thanks!

Matt

mdortona said:
Does anyone know what a (new or used) Short or Medium Headshell for a Mark IV would cost? Thinking about doing a transplant. Thanks!

Matt

I paid $255 for one on eBay - it had the fan and reverb tank, plus attachments for the FU-3, shipped in original Mesa box, never used. Holes for the chassis screws were pre-drilled thru the wood but NOT the Tolex. From what I gather this is only a bit less than the dealer/factory price.

I just saw a widebody head cab on the bay close for a bit over $100 ...cheap IMHO prob because the wides aren't as popular. Short chassis Marks are regularly in the $150-250 range used, depending on the condition. For reference, I just bought a superb Mark IV headcab for my MKIII from a kind gent in TGP forum ...$170 in mint condition!! If you're patient and can afford to wait, they do come up now and again.

Sidenote to any MKIII users wanting to convert to a headcab ...buy a MKIV cab! Much better access to preamp tubes!!

Edward

Latest posts

Back