"Combo" speaker output on a Nomad

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alagow

Reaction score
I have a Nomad 55 head, and on the 8 ohm output it says "combo spkr." Does this mean that this output will work with the speaker in any combo amp or only combo amps with an 8 ohm speaker? If it only works with 8 ohm combo speakers, I don't see why they would put "combo spkr" next to it. It seems like "8 ohm" would cover it.

I didn't see where this is explained in the manual. Maybe I'm making it more complicated than it is. The reason I bring it up is that I have a combo amp with a 4 ohm speaker that I'd like to use, but it won't work through the 4 ohm output on the head.

In my Nomad 45 112 combo this combo spkr input is where the combo speaker is plugged into. This should be your first choice when plugging in your speaker cab. Mesas are not fussy on what ohm the cabinet is. Your head is the same as the combo. Mesa didnt make two different amps, one for the head and one for the combo. The other inputs are for additional speaker cabs.

Just plug into the combo spkr input and foggettaboutit.

Back