Channel switching on a Mark I

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpedersen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a '77 Mark I which, of course, is utterly the most beautiful amp on the planet. I'm currently running it in tandem with my Mark IV stack, but I'd love to be able to switch channels on my Mark I.

Ordinarily I'd just go straight ahead with an A/B switch, however I've just ordered a Startouch A/B/Y pedal for switching the amps and I mentioned to Tony in an e-mail that I was considering an A/B for the Mark I.

He flagged to me that there might be problems with the 'pad' or something, and said he'd give Boogie a call for me.

Just in case he can't get a firm answer from Petaluma, has anyone had any problems/solutions with channel switching on the MkI?

The pad he is referring to has to do with Input 2. If you were to use an a/b switch you'd be battling with a volume difference that is hard to over come without some slight mods. If you have a Mark I with EQ and/or Pull Boost, then I've had good results wiring a footswitch jack underneath the chassis for those 2 things. In essence it can give you 3 different voicings while remaining plugged into Input 1.

Much more flexible in my opinion....

I have both of those things....is it possible to remove whatever this volume 'pad' is, though?

This sounds like a job for John Kelly...

Latest posts

Back