Channel Master and Output Master

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrake

Reaction score
with my DR 3 channel what would be the best setting in driving the tubes: turning up channel 3's master knob or the output master knob up?

lately i've been thinking of bypassing the effect loop to cancel the output and solo volume and just using the channel master but then i won't be able to use my delay in the loop. if i have to sacrifice one or the other i would get rid of the delay and focus on a better crunch sound.

The best setting for driving the tubes would be a lower channel master and a higher master output setting.

So keep your loop on so you can use your delay, keep your channel masters NO higher than 11 (that's the sweet spot IMO) and put your master output at whatever level suits you.

wow 11? I have a triple rec and I have my channel 3 master at about 9 oclock maybe even lower, that way I can crank the master up to about 3 oclock. and holy hell, it sounds BEAUTIFUL.

The best setting for driving the tubes? Would'nt that be sheer volume? I mean, I understand there is a difference between even/odd order harmonics when talking about power tube distortion vs. preamp distortion, but if your looking for that sound (and it sounds as though) of power tube saturation, why did you go with a master volume amp? Namely, a Boogie? Whose design inception was that of a cascading/multi preamp, in which to achieve the sound of a cranked tube amp at lower volumes! I don't get it? Use the gain control in conjunction with either the channal master/master output to achieve results!

now that my hotplate in on the way, would you suggest i keep the channel knob at 11 o'clock and turn up the master volume as high as i can or the other way around?

Back