Changing tubes on the Stiletto Ace combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it much easier on heads then combos to change tubes but with any time I swap tubes I always remove the power tubes that are in the way so I've got plenty of room I also got a mini flashlight and make sure theres plenty of light in the room as well as the amp being at a comfortable level( on a table etc)or cabinet. With combos I would find a safe way to wedge them forward so I could line things up easier.The key thing I try to do is be patient,cause when I'm patient I never have problems.Its when I'm in hurry that makes things difficult.

cant play pool with a rop said:
I find it much easier on heads then combos to change tubes but with any time I swap tubes I always remove the power tubes that are in the way so I've got plenty of room I also got a mini flashlight and make sure theres plenty of light in the room as well as the amp being at a comfortable level( on a table etc)or cabinet. With combos I would find a safe way to wedge them forward so I could line things up easier.The key thing I try to do is be patient,cause when I'm patient I never have problems.Its when I'm in hurry that makes things difficult.

Amen, have plenty of light and take your time . get the amp on a table at eye level and pay attention when you are taking the old tubes out . That way you can see the pins and try to line the new tubes up in the same fashion .

right question,

i take the chassis out and place it on the table to switch the tubes. there are 4 screws to loose for this job.

otherwise you can place the combo upside down facing the backside on the table - would make it much easier also.

i guess the challenge seeker will not do so - seems i am getting old ...

Latest posts

Back