Calibre .22 speaker sensitivity

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS

Reaction score
Hi, I was looking for a louder replacement speaker as I usually run the amp quite close to its limit. But both the V30, if that's what it is, and the possible replacement EVM12L, which I thought would be louder, are both 100 db so, should I be looking for something other than just the sensitivity or do I just need something above 100 db? Thanks.

I don't know what the sensitivity rating of the Mesa/Black Shadow MC90 is, but it feels like it's louder than a V30.

I like the Eminence Wizard or Swamp Thang. Both speakers are very loud. Wizard is a Celestion voiced speaker, ST is an American voiced speaker.
http://www.eminence.com/support/tone-guide/

Thanks for the ideas. As I don't know what I've got, there don't seems to be any indication on the speaker, a friend suggested either the Celestion Century or Eminence Cannabis Rex, as both should have higher sensitivity ratings than whatever is in the amp at the moment, as do your suggestions. Thanks, Dave.

Latest posts

Back