C++ mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIC++? Do you mean an extra volume1 for the lead channel? Do you mean extra balls for fatter powertube saturation without blow? I've preformed this mod on a few IIC+'s.

JVK modified Boogie IIC++

dsc03834largelt4.jpg

imgp1108largepx7.jpg

(simul upgrade, C++ mod: lead vol1.1, JP/Hetfield mod, adjustable bias)

Jonny

Hi Miguel, the footswitch jack is moved underneath the chassis. If I add the lead boost mod, then the footswitch jack is replaced by a stereo one so they both can be switched.

The clean is fine on the JP mod mode, you just get better saturation when you turn up the gain or play with more attack. You don't have to crank the amp to skull-shattering volumes to get it to sound that little bit sweeter.

MesieBooga said:
Anyone have info on the C++ mod?

Several months ago I was looking at a head with that mod, and gave Mike B. a call. He had modded the amp a while back, and was curious as to why the guy was selling it....too much of a good thing? According to Mike, you won't be able to get a clean out of it! Mike also mentioned the amp could be restored to a C+ for around $200, + shipping

dodger916 said:
Several months ago I was looking at a head with that mod, and gave Mike B. a call. He had modded the amp a while back, and was curious as to why the guy was selling it....too much of a good thing? According to Mike, you won't be able to get a clean out of it! Mike also mentioned the amp could be restored to a C+ for around $200, + shipping

I wouldn't misunderstand Mike Bendinelli when he says you can't get a clean out of it. In other words he meant to say "it won't be as clean as without the JP mod". Or you could just have the mod switchable, like how I do it.

jvk said:
dodger916 said:

I wouldn't misunderstand Mike Bendinelli when he says you can't get a clean out of it. In other words he meant to say "it won't be as clean as without the JP mod". Or you could just have the mod switchable, like how I do it.

That's the ticket for recording needs.

Hi,

I have already seen this amp somewhere :wink:

djemass

jvk said:
IIC++? Do you mean an extra volume1 for the lead channel? Do you mean extra balls for fatter powertube saturation without blow? I've preformed this mod on a few IIC+'s.

JVK modified Boogie IIC++

dsc03834largelt4.jpg

imgp1108largepx7.jpg

(simul upgrade, C++ mod: lead vol1.1, JP/Hetfield mod, adjustable bias)

Jonny

Hello mate :) Is your rig all ready? Would love to see the pics.

should be ready for this weekend !!

my buddy is just waiting for the multipin cable from thomann.de

i let you know and of course i'll take some pics

cheers

djemass

Back