Buster Bass

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylan7620

Reaction score
200w ALL tube, 7 band graphic... these things look really cool. all i've been able to gather is that they're basicly just a little brother to the 400+. anyone have one or have played one at least? are there any features unique to it that the m pulse line and 400s don't have? when were these made?

my friend is looking at getting one of these to replace his SWR basic 350. he use to have an SVT classic but decided to go with the SWR for the weight (tube preamp) but the call of all tube tone has gotten to him again. all the reviews i've read says it slays the SVTs though. any comments or opinions are very welcome. thanks guys :)

I see you posted this a while ago...I just bought a used Buster and I am very impressed by it...going to retube next week so I can tell you more then...my last amp was a GK combo with 2-10 ext speaker and before that I was an SVT man (I had 2!)...It seems the Buster could go head to head with the SVT but I'll know more after I get the fresh tubes in...its got a very full and smooth sound and unlike the SVT it has a master volume so I can get some dirt too...I am playing the Buster through a 4 x 12 cab with Celestion Guitar speakers as well as my GK 2 x 10 cab...I think it sounds great...much better than the GK head and that is a good sounding amp too...

I have a buster head, and it is a very tonefull unit.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it would slay an svt though.
It only has 200 watts vs the 300 of the Ampeg.
The svt has a lot more girth.
But it is a well built head and there is a lot to love about it.

Latest posts

Back