Boogie (s) + G-Major question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songrider

Reaction score
I have a Mesa Stiletto Trident & a Dual Rectifier. What I was wondering is, can I run one head through say the left side and the other thru the right side of the G-Major?

I dont want to be in stereo I use each head for what it brings. but I would love to use the G-Major on both heads. I love the different tones that each head offers but I dont want to invest in another G-Major If I can avoid it.

It's been awhile since I owned the tc stuff, however if I recall, for mono operation the unit sums the stereo field to one side. In other words, if you try to use the unit the way you've specified, you would have to try and run the unit in stereo so both left & right outputs would have signal and you would need to program the effects balance specific for each side depending on which head was being used. Then again, I don't know if it would work at all? I never tried it.

Your post has given me a great idea though. I also own a Stiletto Deuce and a Roadster. The brit channel on the Roadster by itself blows, but I wonder how it would sound if I ran stereo through my Intellifex and slaved the EL34 power section of the Stiletto? Thank's for this post, and for sparking my own curiosity on such things!

peace,
-d

Electronically speaking, yes it should work fine. Soundwise, I have no idea...the only time I have ever tried something like this, both amps were running all the time in stereo. As jesserides2005 said, one amp will get right-FX while the other will get left-FX. As long as you're not using ping-pong type delays or similar, you should be fine.

Watch out for ground loops! I assume you have some type of A/B box to switch between amps, so they share a ground there. They will also share a ground thru the FX loops as well so you might get some hum. You might have to use a 3-prong adapter to lift ONE amp, or the fx unit, or both, from ground. Turning the plug upside-down to reverse polarity on one of the units can help too. MAKE SURE AT LEAST ONE OF THE HEADS HAS A PROPER GROUND !! You might get a surprise I can guarantee you wont like!

Back