Bogner vs Mesa 412 cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdiz

Reaction score
Just wondering what y'all that about using Bogner compared to Mesa cabs... I have a 2 channel dual rec and was wondering how the tonal qualities differ. Both are typically loaded with v30s, so I would guess it's just the cab construction? don't know much about Bogner stuff (only that it's expensive). Hoping to hear from someone who has owned/played through both. Cheers.

Not sure about the construction of Bogner, but I do know that Mesa cabs are very well built, I just swapped out V30's for EVM12L's on Wednesday in my straight Mesa cab and now I have an 800 watt cab that is untouchable, I noticed I don't have to turn up as loud and had to turn the lows down...........

I am not 100% sure, but I think a bogner cab will have "regular" v30s, while a Mesa cab has Mesa v30s in it. Mesa's v30s are a little darker than standard v30s.

The V30s in the Bogner are brighter and more open sounding.

The V30s in the Mesa cab are darker and smoother sounding.

The mids in the Bogner will sit higher in frequency and be more predominant. The Mesa will shift the mid emphasis down in frequency, which tends to bring them in slightly below the male vocal range.

Latest posts

Back