Blue Angel problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivabiggun

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here. I hope someone can help. I was playing my BA using a Marshall Power Brake and the amp vol about 7-8, when I noticed that the pilot light went out. I should mention that I forgot to change the PB from 16 to 8 ohms. The first thing I checked was the fuse and it was blown. I replaced it with the proper rating and it blew again. Mesa tech support suggested I remove the power tubes which I did. I removed the chassis before I plugged it in again. When I turned it on again after removing the tubes smoke came from the PCB. It appeared to come from what looks to me like a round yellow cap on the edge of the board. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is a MOV for spike protection. There is no carbon on the tube sockets or burn marks anywhere on the PCB. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ivabiggun

According to the manual for my F-50 running an 8 ohm speaker output into a 16 ohm load is a safe mismatch. Did you switch the power brake from 16 to 8 while the amp was running? I've heard that can be a bad thing to do.

If the PCB was smoking it sounds like it might be time to take it to a tech.

:?

Back