Black Shadow MS-12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conrad79

Reaction score
I've got a couple of these speakers, they sound really nice. Does anyone have any specs on them? Frequency response, efficiency rating (db), etc etc? anything would be appreciated......thanks!

Had (maybe still have) the info somewhere, will post if I can find it.
In the meantime do a search.
Fwiw the MS-12 was made by Eminence for Mesa (to Mesa's specs) but it was a modded version of another model they already made.
Sorry don't remember which Eminence model. But if that's with the other info I'll post it if/ when I find it.

Mesa doesn't even have the specs, so I doubt you ever did, but maybe you could do a search instead of answering things I didn't ask :roll:

I guess "anything would be appreciated" is not a true statement from this fine upstanding citizen.
Just to be clear, there's tons of info Mesa no longer has, but the members of this forum have collected and kept over their many, many years of happy Boogie playing.
Good luck to you, sir, in obtaining any of it.

conrad79 said:
Mesa doesn't even have the specs, so I doubt you ever did, but maybe you could do a search instead of answering things I didn't ask :roll:

Really, George, how dare you!! Now get back to work and find this courteous, upstanding gentleman the info he requires, and don't come back until you're done!

Sheesh, you just can't find good help these days...

conrad79 said:
I've got a couple of these speakers, they sound really nice.

Classic over-thinking of an issue. What is the problem? If you like the way they sound, and want more of them, beat the bushes until another comes up for sale. Rinse and repeat. :?

dodger916 said:
conrad79 said:

Really, George, how dare you!! Now get back to work and find this courteous, upstanding gentleman the info he requires, and don't come back until you're done!

Sheesh, you just can't find good help these days...
Yeah Frank, seems offering what little I could remember off the top of my head wasn't up to the "requesters" standards.
Seems he must have already known the MS-12 was made by Eminence.
And as MrMarkIII put it, the "anything would be appreciated" statement by conrad79 was not really what conrad79 meant. Go figure.....

As for his comment: "Mesa doesn't even have the specs, so I doubt you ever did"
I gotta ask our well informed friend conrad79:
Since you already *think* the info isn't available exist because Mesa doesn't have it then why did you ask:
"Does anyone have any specs on them? Frequency response, efficiency rating (db), etc etc?"

Why not send an email to Eminence? You could have your answer from the manufacturer and not have any doubts.

Eminence phone number = 502-845-5622
Ask for tech support speak with Anthony at ext 341

They may or may not have info on the speakers.
The reason being is that until sometime in the 90's Eminence made speakers strictly for other companies (aka OEM) and to the specs the company specified.
And they did not start keeping a good record of the speakers they made until sometime in the 90's when they started selling their own brand named speakers.

Even if they do have or can find the specs they may not be at liberty to release them.
The specs of the OEM speakers they produced (for whoever) are considered the property of the company that commissioned Eminence to make the speaker.
Releasing the info (yes even so many many years later) created a bit of controversy sometime in the recent past so Eminence may not be at liberty to say much, if anything.

Fwiw codes stamped on the speaker magnet or frame (or possibly on a sticker stuck to the speaker somewhere) wont tell you much more than when it was made.
These codes would be 67-xxxx where 67 is the EIN code indicating Eminence. The first two x's are the yr of manufacture and the next to x's are the week they were made.
There may be a four more x's which would be either a serial number or an OEM customer part #
Most of the MS-12's I have, have the simple 6 digit code which looks something like this example: 67-8429 (which means made 1984 29th week)

Sometimes there is a separate six digit number which is customer spec number.
This is what Eminence uses to search their database for specs on the speaker.
If the speaker doesn't have they may not be able to find any info.

I've also seen other numbers stamped on the magnets (like 12557) but it's not clear if this is another variation of the customers part number or perhaps a number indicating who the OEM customer was...

- g "I know nothing" ts

gts said:
Eminence phone number = 502-845-5622
Ask for tech support speak with Anthony at ext 341

They may or may not have info on the speakers.
The reason being is that until sometime in the 90's Eminence made speakers strictly for other companies (aka OEM) and to the specs the company specified.
And they did not start keeping a good record of the speakers they made until sometime in the 90's when they started selling their own brand named speakers.

Even if they do have or can find the specs they may not be at liberty to release them.
The specs of the OEM speakers they produced (for whoever) are considered the property of the company that commissioned Eminence to make the speaker.
Releasing the info (yes even so many many years later) created a bit of controversy sometime in the recent past so Eminence may not be at liberty to say much, if anything.

Fwiw codes stamped on the speaker magnet or frame (or possibly on a sticker stuck to the speaker somewhere) wont tell you much more than when it was made.
These codes would be 67-xxxx where 67 is the EIN code indicating Eminence. The first two x's are the yr of manufacture and the next to x's are the week they were made.
There may be a four more x's which would be either a serial number or an OEM customer part #
Most of the MS-12's I have, have the simple 6 digit code which looks something like this example: 67-8429 (which means made 1984 29th week)

Sometimes there is a separate six digit number which is customer spec number.
This is what Eminence uses to search their database for specs on the speaker.
If the speaker doesn't have they may not be able to find any info.

I've also seen other numbers stamped on the magnets (like 12557) but it's not clear if this is another variation of the customers part number or perhaps a number indicating who the OEM customer was...

- g "I know nothing" ts

You're a better man than me, George. Must be all that snow in New England!

Latest posts

Back