Best to siut a dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Alrighty folks

My 3 channel is sounding real sweet,Im lovin it through my 1x12" theile cab with the c90's,not so much with my 2x12" recto witht the vintage 30's

but what Im wanting to know is.............
which is the best boost style pedal to go in front of a 3 channel dual rec,Im lookin at the infamous ts9 or ts 808 reissue which is best??? or is there any others to consider either modded tubescreamers like keeley or maxxon or is there anything else

I like the tubescreamers so I can boost and also add a different sound(od/dist) with my dual,somethin just a little less gainy and more breakup soundin

cheers guys

Euan

The buck stops here... from what you described you need a Maxon OD-820. If you are looking for an Overdrive pedal and I think you are, everything in the marketing page is true! I have one for my DR Roadster and it kicks. I tried a bunch of other pedals before I bought this and man I tell you this is the way to go.
http://www.maxonfx.com/vintage/
http://www.maxonfx.com/vintage/od820/
And a comparison with the coveted Klon Centaur... http://www.maxonfx.com/news/lt_od820klon_2004.php

cheers I'll check em out

I was also thinkin of the bb preamp seen Andy timmons usin one and sounded sweeet

ohhh and the klon,nice pedal but there's no way Im sure they are like $400 built to order and all that crap,emmm and I didnt think they souned as good any of the ts or modded similar pedals

cheers man,Im gonna check these out and the bb and the old faithful tubescreamers

any other suggestions

Ive tried the zvex hardon and its crap!!!!! thats my opinion on that Im pretty harsh when it comes to pedals cause I dont really use them at all Im a telecaster,cable amp kinnda guy

the amps just have to be high octane like boogies if ya know what I mean

I used to use lots a pedal in my last band which was kindda like Jon Finn fusion prog.. yeah and pedal were pretty useful my band know are really the opposite,no guitar solo's or anything as such just get up ball to the wall playin so if Im using a pedal it will have to be justified

100_5791.jpg

Radial Engineering PB-1 Class A Boost. (Clean Boost)

Very Transparent, True Bybass, it even has the "dragster" signal buffer built in. If you use a wireless or Active pickups the "drag" feature won't make much of a difference however.

Sounds great with the ROV I'm currently using. I settled with it always on.

Dom[/img]

I still don't understand why you'd need an overdrive/distortion in front of a Rectifier? With that said, I'd consider a clean boost: BBE's Boosta Grande, or Creation Audio Labs MK.4.23! Both true bypass switching, tonally transparent, just adds more! 8)

I won't play my Dual Rec without an Xotic BB preamp in front of it. I turn the gain almost all the way off and crank up the pedal's output. It tightens up the sound and gives some much needed sustain.

I also never turn my Tc Electronic delay off. I use mostly as a slapback because I hate a dry sounding amp.

I have owned every OD pedal that exists ( analogman and Keeley) and I like the Analogman modded Ts9 but the Xotic has replaced it for good.

Tone is subjective. Play what sounds good to you.

Ive got my sight on a pedal,if anyone has used one/got clips it would be great to hear the views

Im lookin at a MXR custom audio boost,this is the one designed by the one and only Bob Bradshaw and produced by MXR,any viws its a boost/signal driver,looks awsome but cant find any clips anybody had an experiance with it?

Back