BEST SWITCHER FOR QUAD PREAMP ???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak47

Reaction score
All experiences shared would be appreciated...

I had a Midi Matrix years ago that worked well... sold it though... I am sort of familiar with the Rockman octopus, Voodoo Labs GCX, Bradshaw switchers and RJM music's RG-16. Anything else I have missed?

The RJM looks the goods to me for switching the quad as you can get a matched cable but then again it would be nice to switch a couple of other things in/out also...

Thanks for your comments...

Thought I would revive this topic... it seems that there are other alternatives to the mega expensive switchers out there as can be seen in daveyboogie's work... any comments?

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30368

I agree with your choice.

I have owned a Rockman Octopus for years and works great easy to program but out of production and only does channel switching. And of coarse the GCX and RJM do channel switching and have audio loops. They are both single space rack units, they both have great reputations, but that RJ-16 has more options. Yep seems to be the one.

ak47 said:

I had a Midi Matrix years ago that worked well... sold it though... I am sort of familiar with the Rockman octopus, Voodoo Labs GCX, Bradshaw switchers and RJM music's RG-16. Anything else I have missed?
not sure how soon you need it, but I'll be coming out with a unit soon (see my sig's link). customized if needed...

kiff said:
ak47 said:

not sure how soon you need it, but I'll be coming out with a unit soon (see my sig's link). customized if needed...

Very interesting.... please keep us informed ( I am sure you will as there are lots of potential customers here... :mrgreen: )

I use a TC Electronics G-system with my Quad. It has 4 channel switching outputs, so its like is was made for the Quad. This also allows me to have multiple channels on at the same time if I want to. Having both lead channels on is a monster sound! Also, the G-system effects sound great, esp, the chorus, reverb and delay. Also, with 4 switchable effects loop, the G-system lets me switch my amp channels and effects with a push of a button, and I don;t need any extra midi switching gear. There are some drawbacks to the G-system like no stereo effects return, so if you have other stereo effects you want to use, you might be limited there. But the sound quality and construction of the G-system is awesome!

ak47 said:
Very interesting.... please keep us informed ( I am sure you will as there are lots of potential customers here... :mrgreen: )
will do :) just got the first run of pc boards today and I'm taking a break from soldering. I'll be making some prototypes for fairly cheap for anyone that wants to help test/break them in ;)

Latest posts

Back