Best Speakers and Cab for Mark Series Amps?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite cab with my MKIV so far has been a Marshall 1960b with the G12T-75's in it. Balances the crazy mids that the mighty mark produces. I've tried several mesa and marshall cabs with v30's and just can't get them to work for me no matter how much I wanted them to. I have yet to try an EVM12L loaded 4x12 so my search is not over yet. :)

THE best cab/speakers for Mark amps (to me) are the metal grill half-backs (top closed up) either 2x12 or 4x12 with celestions on top and EV's on the bottom. If you can't find those, the EV loaded Thiele's sound massive! Two of them are even better. Rectifier cabs with V30's don't sound nearly as good to me.

At the moment I just purchased a Recto Vertical 2x12 and am waiting to throw in a Mesa EVM-12L on the bottom to see if it compares with the old half-backs.

My favorite for my mkV has been my marhsall 1960b loaded with celestion g12m greenbacks. I have tried the same cab with g12t-75's and a recto cab with v30's. So far the marshall and greenbacks has been the best to my ears.

There are really only two options for this: the Metal Grill Halfback (EV's in the bottom, MS12's in the top), either the 412 or 212, or a few Thieles (EV equipped).

Back