believe the hype

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropped_2_c

Reaction score
i honestly though there wasn't that much different between the older 2 channels and three channels i thought ok maybe there is some but not alot. Was i wrong man this thing is beyond tight really tight and clear and gain on ten a ANY chord or note shines through

From now own only a 2 channel will suffice the number is 8439 what year is that whatever it still sounds nice

That's a Rev G more than likely. I would estimate around 95-96. I have a G from early 94 with a serial in the 3700's. These amps are certainly tighter than the 3 ch heads. I can't wait to get my hands on the Rev C I am working on picking up.

it has an attached power cord and the selector for ground like a-b the logo looks small but not very small but seems to look smaller than my 3 channel maybe that is just my eyes lol

The small logo can appear medium sized at times too. Sometimes it is mounted slightly higher and sometimes it is mounted dead center. I have seen some variation on the placement. When it is dead center it looks a little bigger than when it is higher. The large logo is definitely large. It almost goes from the top to the bottom of the area where the logo sits.

thanks russ what year did they quit putting the ground lift switch or the ground a-b switch and the detachable power cord? also what's the ground switch for just to life the ground if there's a ground hum issue

I don't know yet when the ground lift stopped or when the detached cord started. I am still assembling my knowledge base on these amps. Maybe someone else can chime in about these two items. I would like to know myself. I don't think it was a revision of the actual circuit though to disconnect the cable or delete the selectable ground. The switchable ground is like you said to reduce grounding issues.

Russ said:
I don't know yet when the ground lift stopped or when the detached cord started. I am still assembling my knowledge base on these amps. Maybe someone else can chime in about these two items. I would like to know myself. I don't think it was a revision of the actual circuit though to disconnect the cable or delete the selectable ground. The switchable ground is like you said to reduce grounding issues.

don't know myself....gotta ask the jedi. but honestly it's not a big issue. You either got it or you don't...and it either sounds good or not...and it sounds good!

If I had 3ch Recto I'd tighten up it's bottom end chug by replacing the output transformer with an OT with more iron in it and to add more filter caps.

Back