BE ON THE LOOKOUT! STOLEN BOOGIE/RIG!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUS

Reaction score
Last night somebody stole my amp/pedal rig from my truck. I know it is a long shot to find as most of my stuff was in mint condition with little to no flaws to distinguish it.
2007 1x10" Express 5:25 mint condition except a partially melted power cord (it was rested against a hot tube once)

Gator pedal board and case
Fulltone GT-500
Sonic Research TU-200 tuner
Ernie Ball volume pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay

Sennheiser e609 microphone

I am in Jacksonville, FL.

Jus, I suggest that you make a fax cover sheet and list all the stolen items with model and serial numbers and fax that information to as many Pawn Shops in your area as you can. It's a pain in the neck because you have to call them and ask for the fax number. Some shops list the fax number on the internet if you Google the Pawn Shops in the Jacksonville area. That worked for me several yeras ago. My Marshal amp was recovered and the couple who tried Pawning it was arrested. Good luck!

THE TUBENATOR said:
Jus, I suggest that you make a fax cover sheet and list all the stolen items with model and serial numbers and fax that information to as many Pawn Shops in your area as you can. It's a pain in the neck because you have to call them and ask for the fax number. Some shops list the fax number on the internet if you Google the Pawn Shops in the Jacksonville area. That worked for me several yeras ago. My Marshal amp was recovered and the couple who tried Pawning it was arrested. Good luck!

Thanks. I actually plan on hand delivering it to as many shops as I can this afternoon, with an eye out to see if I see any of my stuff. The police officer said even if I can prove ownership of an item in a pawn shop, it will be put on "hold" as evidence until the trial is over for the individual who pawned it.

Yes, the stolen merchandise is used as evidance. The process will take months! It took about 8 months for me to get my amp back! The individuals are charged with the theft of the merchandise and also a separate charge of "defrauding a pawn broker". If they are prosecuted separately I have no idea how long it will take you to get your stuff back!

I am really sorry someone jacked your gear. I sure hope you're rig is retrieved. I'm not in Florida but I'll definitely be on the look out on craigs, etc.

As a precaution should something like this happen to me, I've written down as may serial numbers as possible for all my guitars, amps, etc and have it in a safe. I also took pics.

Serial# is E25163.

This was only the 163rd 5:25 made. :(

001-4.jpg

002-7.jpg

This is the stolen rig.

Reading about it hurt.....seeing it hurts all the more. Again, very sorry. I say the perp gets mashed in the man tonsils using that Les Paul when caught.

UPDATE

I found my rig in a local pawn shop this afternoon. It was pawned in its entirety for a grand total of $60. The pawn shop owners were kind enough to tell me the pawner's name and address. We called the cops. My rig is currently being held as evidence.

Unfortunately the cop said one of two things will happen:

1)They will get a conviction after God knows how long, and the property will be returned to me.
2)They will not get a conviction, and the property will belong to the pawn shop, at which point I will have to negotiate with them to get my stuff back. There is no statutory obligation on the pawn shop owners to sell the goods back to me for what they paid. They could ask $2000 if they wanted.

It should be a pretty cut and dry case...the guy gave his ID and thumb print when he pawned it...of course he will say I sold it to him, though.

Only time will tell if I get my rig back.

That is exactly what happened to me! I know the routine about the thief claiming that the goods were sold to him and or given to him. I my case it was a little easier in that the thief had a prior arrest (no credibility) and he also changed his story; first he claimed that I sold it to him, and then he claimed I traded the amp to him in exchange for some home repairs. He had no poof of purchase, no cancelled check, no sales receipt. I had the original sales receipt, the model and serial numbers and police report and the broken window of my SUV! The beautiful thing was he could not even describe me or my house! And that is because he never saw me or my house!!

Best of luck,
Albert

JUS said:
UPDATE

I found my rig in a local pawn shop this afternoon. It was pawned in its entirety for a grand total of $60. The pawn shop owners were kind enough to tell me the pawner's name and address. We called the cops. My rig is currently being held as evidence.

Unfortunately the cop said one of two things will happen:

1)They will get a conviction after God knows how long, and the property will be returned to me.
2)They will not get a conviction, and the property will belong to the pawn shop, at which point I will have to negotiate with them to get my stuff back. There is no statutory obligation on the pawn shop owners to sell the goods back to me for what they paid. They could ask $2000 if they wanted.

It should be a pretty cut and dry case...the guy gave his ID and thumb print when he pawned it...of course he will say I sold it to him, though.

Only time will tell if I get my rig back.
Pleased to hear that at least your equipment has been located! Just picture yourself playing it again and it will be true.

The detective handling my case tells me it could be a year before this is all settled and I get my gear back. I purchased a Blackstar HT-5 on the cheap from craigslist today which should fill my needs in the interim. At the very least I need a delay pedal badly for the type of music I play, I had been thinking of purchasing a Malekko Ekko, so maybe now is the opportunity.

Glad you found your gear. If I had some spare stuff I'd send it to you to use in the mean time....

I'm glad you found your gear! But waiting a whole year to get it back blows. I had my Mesa F-50 rig stolen from my apartment a few years ago. Nothing ever happened in terms of finding the gear or the people who broke in and stole it. I was so pissed. Luckily I had renters insurance and received a satisfactory amount for the stolen items. I like that idea of putting my name on my rig somewhere..

Wow dude. This whole situation sucks. I was pissed when my stuff got stolen. Never got any word back from that deputy. That was just a Marshall SS combo. $60 seems unbelievable for all that. Good thing you were able to afford a small practice tube amp. I had to go like 9 months without an amp holding out for the boogie.

They finally arrested the guy and charged him with Dealing in Stolen Goods and Falsifying a Pawn Shop Affidavit...two felonies. He is being held on $40,000 bond. Trial is Sept. 23rd. Cross your fingers for a guilty verdict, so I can get my stuff back.

-JUS-

Latest posts

Back