BBE Stomps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken in NC

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know a little bit about 2 of the BBE stomps I got recently.

BBE Sonic Maximizer Stomp
BBE Boosta Grande

The Sonic Maximizer doesnt do a whole lot for me. I am running a RK2 and found that the lows sounded kind of bad with this pedal, but the highs clean up real nice. The definition and clarity were improved, but I do not think it is enough to bragg about. I had really good tone to begin with, so maybe that is why I dont hear it doing a lot for me. I am getting "good" sounds with the pedals knobs both set to 9 o'clock. That's pretty low.

Now, the Boosta Grabde kicks! I put it in channel 2 - where the RK2 was a little shy in gain. I set the Bossta Grande to value 4 and i got what i was missing! It was a nice improvement. I will probably only use this pedal on channel2 since 3 & 4 dont really need any signal boost. I found this pedal to work very nicely with this channel and was able to push it just enough to get the sound i wanted for channel 2.

That's the short and sweet of it.

Ditto on the Sonic Maximizer. Sucks the low end right out of your dirty sound and really did not enhance the clean sound to my liking. I would not recommend this pedal with a Single or Dual Rectifier.

It's hard to believe you don't like the sonic stomp, how are you running it? I put mine in the FX loop, and it adds clarity and fullness. I didn't care for it before my amp though. It's designed to go after all your effects, and distortion even amp distortion is an effect. Tried it on a practice bass amp and it actually put some punch into the sound. I even tried it on a pignose G60VR threw a 2x12 recto cab, and it gave the amp a nice high gain tone.

Back