Ball park price on a Mark IIC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpage

Reaction score
Will see it tomorrow for the first time. non-EQ 1x12 combo, not sure of the year yet. Ballpark? What to look out for?

Thanks!

1500ish depending on condition.

If it is a real MKIIC, Mike B can make it a 100% C+.

If it needs a going over by Boogie to replace old worn components, that is about $200. I was quoted last year when I got mine and had it gone over.

Good luck. MKIIC is pretty amazing.

Thanks for the heads up! So the "+" mod is pretty much a "must do", eh? I have no problem with that but it would be much handier if I could have someone local do it--I assume "Mark B" is a Mesa employee and he is in CA? Of course, I'm in New England and of course this amp weighs a ton so that adds another couple hundred to the total just to get it across the country. Never mind the 10/15% chance the amp gets there in pieces LOL...

What's the "non-plus" IIC like on it's own?

The person being spoken of is Mike Bendinelli. A phone call to him is the only way to get the details on the C+ upgrade to a IIC. The options on the amp will decide the upgrade price. :wink:

jpage said:
Thanks for the heads up! So the "+" mod is pretty much a "must do", eh? I have no problem with that but it would be much handier if I could have someone local do it--I assume "Mark B" is a Mesa employee and he is in CA? Of course, I'm in New England and of course this amp weighs a ton so that adds another couple hundred to the total just to get it across the country. Never mind the 10/15% chance the amp gets there in pieces LOL...

What's the "non-plus" IIC like on it's own?

I was told to take the amp guts out of the combo cab and foam wrap, etc. ship tubes in sep box. They don't need the cab or headshell.. It just adds weight for shipping damage.

To be clear, the price to get the amp up to new spec, which was a 200$ estimate, had nothing to do with mike's price to mod the amp. Boogie will advise you of all that. Can't remember the guy I talked to, but everybody was very cool and easy to deal with.

IMO getting Mike to upgrade your amp is a no brainer. Legendary tone master amp guy.

For a wider range of tones, and it is the most sought after amp, done by the man himself...

My amp needed work from the day I got it. It had some swirly swooshy low level background noise. But it still had the awesome core tone. It had that Robert Plant Big Log clean tone. The gain channel was all about getting the EQ set and some volume. It sounded glorious but just noisy.

I love my Mesa gear. A bit partial. You can't go wrong with a MKIIC or + upgrade.

Back