Bad tube or fried head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklang

Reaction score
Last night i finally got to play my Mk V with my drummer and dam does it sound amazing loud :lol: . However while we where breaking down i was still playing and he stepped behind my amp and what i believe he did was step on the power cable which then made the amp restart ? From that point on i heard a crackling sound i looked up saw that my amp just restarted and then quickly turned it off. i waited a bit then turned it on again to make sure it still worked but none of the tubes where lighting up... so i turned it off again waited a bit and then turned it back on this time all the tubes lit up except the one farthest to the left which was not glowing/barely glowing at all. Do i have just a fried tube or is my head damaged. Since i am new to tube heads i am hesitant about turning it back on should i not turn it on or what would your personal opinions be?

It should be fine(double check (double check the powertubes are setting properly in their sockets).... make sure that evrything is connected properly and restart the amp. let it warm up for a few minutes then turn the standby switch on and play..

good luck

thanks for the tip when i get home i'll try it out and hopefully it will work :?

The tube on the far left is the rectifier tube, it doesn't glow as brightly as the four power tubes.

Make sure the power cord is seated all the way in the amp chassis. They can pull out slightly causing power to drop out but still look like they are connected fine. This happenend to me with my Stiletto.
Good luck! :D

Latest posts

Back