Back to the Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredhead72

Reaction score
So last year, I felt like my tone wasn't very good with the Mark V combo. I picked up a blackstar HT 40 and really fell in love with it. I generally play a Les Paul traditional loaded with Duncan JB/Jazz. This weekend, after months and months of only playing my Blackstar, I plugged my Ibanez RG 7 string (loaded with DiMarzio Air Norton/D-Sonic) into the Boogie and I was really surprised how tight and clear it sounded.

I know it comes as no surprise to most of you... but it sounded pretty **** good. I seem to struggle to get it to do the regular "rock" thing, but for metal riffing, it sounded great.

Nothing else to report other than being away from it a while made me appreciate how good it sounds.

For rock, I run the (channel, not graphic) bass controls slightly higher and the treble slightly lower. If I go too aggressive the attack gets really "pointy" (for lack of a better word)... running more bass and less treble blunts things and slows the attack down.

for the regular rock sound I use Mark 1 mode with gain at 12, presense at 2, bass up and use the volume knob to dial in the amount of gain. I also set my combo on a lone star 410. I get a lot of tone compliments. Hope this helps.

Back