The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humbility

Reaction score
If there are people in here that have an avatar cab...with a recto...I'd be interested to know what they think of the combination...and what they look like together. Please and thank you ;)

Hey humbility. I own a single rec along with a avatar 4x12 cab with the wheat colored fabric grill. Looks sweet man and I get alot of compliments. The sound is rediculous too. I choose the 12 inch v30 speakers and they sound amazing. Dont be fooled by the low price either. This thing is heavy and constructed very well.

If you go to http://avatarspeakers.com/ its right on the front page. Its called the g412. For 378 bucks you cant go wrong. Great customer service also even though its a small operation.

DSC02526.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

Very happy with mine! Sounds amazing!

Having never had a cab w/celestions before, I was aghast at how BRIGHT they are!

Anyway, I am not disappointed in my Avatar, though as implied above, I've little basis for comparison.

YMMV as always! :D

LOL ibanez4life I have the EXACT same guitar but with a Super Distortion in the bridge. Kinda dissapointed with the p-up. Maybe I'll get a PAF to match my JAG.. LOVE that pick-up. Hey Chelch man...you got a pic that I can see? I am REALLY leaning towards the Avatar now. SUCH good reviews...the price is right...and a wheat cloth grill might look nice. Plus I just want V30's I have always liked that sound. And since I already have a Marshall 2x12 cab...next is a 4x12. the 2x12 can sit at home for me to jam on. Thnx guys for the responses. greatly appreciated.

^Ebay is your friend!
Or if you have a friend in the US that could get it shipped to them, and then have them ship it to you.

Good luck! It's a great cab at a steal price.

I have an Avatar with Oxblood grille and a mix of V30s and G12H30s.
I do like it. Solid construction, good looks, great price and decent tone. I believe its size and perhaps design does not allow it to sound as big and deep as some 4x12, but it is a great deal for the price. I played my 5150II and Tverb through it, but actually never played my Dual Rec through it in the month or so I have had the DR since I run it into my Mesa 4x12.

I really like the black with oxblood look. I should snap some pics and see if I can post them here (never tried :) )

I will be at practice tomorrow so I will take some pics for you. The wheat looks pimp! :D

Latest posts

Back