Arrrgh ! Bent Chassis Bolts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbmesa

Reaction score
I needed to spray some contact cleaner in a volume pot of my T-Verb Combo or replace the pot so I decided to drop the chassis and work on it today. I started removing the bolts and noticed that the first one was turning on an arc. The head was moving in a circle as well as turning. Kinda weird I figured so I tried another and another and they were all turning in a big circle. Since all four were like that I though maybe its a funky mounting system or something :?

So I got thee of the bolts out and they were frekin' bent, the fourth would not even come out. Had to force it out.

I then remembered the time the amp fell out of the van and hit the pavement when the power lift gate opened up. :oops: I was amazed at Mesa quality because I plugged it in and it just worked flawlessly. Anyhow a couple of years later I find out I have bent chassis bolts.

Anybody ever have that happen to them ? Do you think I can get bolts that long and with the right thread at a hardware store or is Mesa the only place I could order them and wait ? Anybody know the thread number ?

Latest posts

Back