Anyone using the 4 ohm output with an 8 ohm speaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie B.

Reaction score
I've got the 1 x 10 5:25 and am wondering about trying the 4 ohm output with the stock 8 ohm speaker.
I'll find out for myself tonight, but till then, I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this and what's the result?

Does it lower the volume any? Alter the tone much?

Thanks.

I actually just called to make sure it was safe and luckily it is. I would imagine that the volume would be lower and that the amp would sound a bit darker due to the transformer not running as hard.

It works a lot better on the full power setting. Actually you lose a bit of low end, and it will sound a bit thinner perhaps. The change in volume will be subtle in a way, but more noticeable than any change in tone. Helps if you use a more efficient speaker.

The manual says "...scoopier, more elastic vibe..."
It is pretty much what I'm getting here. Can be usefull for some kind of tunes...

rw

Hey Guys,

I played around with a lot of variations, before settling on Main Speaker 1 x10" combo 8ohms, 1 x 12 Extension Thiele Cab into the 4ohms. I noticed that some made it sound softer, some more brighter.

Now at a gig 2 weeks ago, I forgot to plug in the Extra Cab, I knew something was missing, like I lost bottom end and some sparkle. I just keept looking at my amp, shaking my head. Doh!!!!

So I plugged it back in after the first set, WOW what a difference, bigger, more bass, well defined.

So it works for me. But try them all for yourself.

Cheers,

Gezza.

Back