Anyone using a strat with their LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messaboog1e

Reaction score
I've been using a Washburn N4 and loving the LSC with it, but getting a strat over the next few days. (62 RI MIJ) Just wondering if people have had some great experiences. I can't wait for the clean and dirty channels to be heard with single coils. Any secret settings? :idea:

Thanks in advance.....

I don't have any special settings but I use a Strat with my LSC and it sounds great. It's a Fender American "Fat Strat" with a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge and Texas Special single coils in the middle and neck. The neck is definitely one of my favorites as far as blues/blues rock. Actually all my guitars sound great with this amp but I think the Strat is my favorite. Enjoy...

I use a HSS Strat with my DR / LS 4/12 rig. The singles get a sparkling clean tone even with the Dual Rectifier. I could only imagine what it would sound like with the L.S. head.

I would say dont be afraid to turn the LS ch 1 gain up farther than you may be used to. Unless you want a hyper clean tone this i have found really fattened up my single coil (TA HDT) tone in a very musical way! season to taste and enjoy!

Adam

Thanks for all the replies. Got the strat last night and doing some action adjustments now. I can't wait to hear it on channel 1....and I love the extra gain suggestion.
Thanks!

I just got an American deluxe strat - kept the single coils in N and M but put a duncan Alnico II in the bridge. I really like channel 1 with most controls set to 12 noon except gain 1:00 bass 11:00... give or take. Channel 2 I usually have the drive, gain, treble and presence all at 2:00 and the bass around 9:00. Amazing tones with this guitar & amp combo.

HeyRey said:
I would say dont be afraid to turn the LS ch 1 gain up farther than you may be used to. Unless you want a hyper clean tone this i have found really fattened up my single coil (TA HDT) tone in a very musical way! season to taste and enjoy!

Adam

+1.

Maury said:
I just got an American deluxe strat - kept the single coils in N and M but put a duncan Alnico II in the bridge. I really like channel 1 with most controls set to 12 noon except gain 1:00 bass 11:00... give or take. Channel 2 I usually have the drive, gain, treble and presence all at 2:00 and the bass around 9:00. Amazing tones with this guitar & amp combo.

What are your mids at?

If you're interested, here's some LSC "strat-ness"

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51638

Latest posts

Back