Anyone modded a DC? Or have any mods you would like to see?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my DC-3:

I re-wired the front Footswitch jack so that the EQ and Channel can be controlled with 1 2-button footswitch.

I also changed the LDR (LDR 3) Power Circuitry to allow the EQ to have a much more dramatic affect on the Volume and the Tone.

On my DC-2:

I changed the Output Transformer (original was making pretty blue sparks) to a Heyboer/Mojotone Deluxe Reverb replacement. This really opened the sound and touch sensitivity of the amp up.

I also replaced the Eminence speaker with a Celstion Heritage 30, which added some serious mids and bass frequencies that I though the amp lacked before.

I have cathode Bias mod that allows me to plug in any 6l6 or 5881 without needing a trim pot. For instant right now I have the highest rating sovteks in there, they don't saturate much at all even at high levels. It clean in the power amp section with these tubes and loud as hell LOL. The mod also adds a ton of sustain to the amp. the signal sags and then comes on real strong it's cool, I wish I had the ability to post a sound clip on here. It took the amp from sounding like a new mesa to sounding like a mark 1 or 2 so to speak.

I can't figure out how to post a pic on here. Can someone tell me step by step Please. I'll take a photo of what's been done if I can learn how to post a pic. I have typed a post and tried to add an image by hitting the IMG button but, it never works... :?:

I thought you found a head? Just put the Centuries in there, I promise you'll like them. I found my pair on e-bay for $160 brand new in the box.

nosajwp said:
I'm thinking of putting Celestion Century's in my DC-10 combo to help save my back!

I had found a head, but someone beat me to the punch. I'm still looking for one, but in the meantime, I need to check the Bay for some Centuries.

Yes actually it does lose alittle headroom when the cathode bias mod's done. I'd say about almost one quarter of the amps power, alittle less than one quarter. I'm tellin ya though you'll love the tone & sustain Monsta... You gotta try it out man. :D I'd never go with out it on my mesa...

I wanted to note that the amp's still loud as hell though :D Plug in some 5881's that have a high rating(I have sovtek blue-11's) and it'll still be almost as loud as it was before.

Latest posts

Back