Any of you Mark V owners have a CARVIN Guitar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
I am trying to chose the right Carvin pickups for my amp/playing style.

Who here owns a Carvin guitar that they use with thier Mark V?

I own a Carvin DC400, but I swapped out the Carvin pickups a while ago. (I now have dual Tone Zones in it.) However, if I were to order another Carvin, I'd go with the C22J and C22B pickups. I like a big fat neck pickup for leads, and the C22J is their best for that. The C22B is their best bridge pickup, in my opinion. It is harmonically rich, has a lot of output, and stays full on the high notes. It can do classic rock to metal well. Their M22SD pickup has tons of output, but has a harsh high end and is, in my opinion, good only for metal riffing on low notes.

I have a California Carved Top CT6T with the C22B bridge pup (around 12-13K) and a C22J neck pup which is a beautiful vintage type pup. Like a PAF.
Anyways, it kills through the Mark V. The tone knob is a "pull pot" which splits the pup coils so you have those lower power, cleaner tones (and these split tones are great , unlike many others i have heard) which are really crisp and very musical.
In full humbucking mode the bridge is fat and powerful but not muddy like a lot of hot pups. The neck pup is very sweet and clear. Great tone.
The Mark V makes most guitars sound great but the Carvin CT6T (mahogany body with maple cap) is smokin through it. I wish I could afford the CT4 ( I think that is the model) which is the same as CT6 but all mahogany.

I have a Carvin 7 string but the pickup in it is more like the C22T bridge. I am in the minority of most and like my pups in the Carvin! However, I have a ton of pups and my fave through the MkV is easily the Air Zone in my PRS custom 24! Its a big, huge PAF in the bridge and splits very well! I use the stock vintage bass PRS in the neck and like it also. The JB is my second favorite thru the MkV! :D Just my 2 cents!

I played my older Carvin DC400 Anniversary KOA with C22N C22T through a Mark V for an hour or so a few weeks back and I thought they sounded great through the amp. You can also solicit some more opinions on the Carvin board if you like. In the end it depends on what kind of music you like to play. I like Carvin pups they are versatile, at least for me.

I pulled the trigger on a DC127 with the C22B and C22J.

I play mostly Prog Metal and need that Bridge Pup to be hot enough to do some serious riffing. I hope I made the right choice.

I have a DC127 with the stock pups and I really like it. I have the active electronics on it and they make it very versatile guitar.

I have two but they both have (mostly) replacement pickups. My DC 127 has a Duncan Screamin Demon in the bridge and a stock M22 in the neck. It's not my favorite combination through the Mark V. My DC 135 has a DiMarzio EVO 2 in the bridge, stock Carvin middle and a single coil DiMarzio Tone Zone in the neck. This is my #1 guitar and she sounds great through the Mark (I'm on the bridge on all of my guitars 85% of the time).

I have two carvins. Both have rio bbq buckers in the bridge. One of those had a JB in the bridge, but I swapped it out. It sounded a bit brighter than the rio.

Back