amp summit-mesa content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
hey guys-a local music store had an amp summit today in north alabam-mucho thanks to fellow bb member dennis shaw for inviting us out- a lot of boutique amps(swampworks,some vox clones,marshall clones, carr...) and some vintage amps(Bassman,Plexi,Park, mk II Marsh, 18 watt marsh,Selmer,Hiwatt, etc...) THANKS DENNIS for the invite and the whupass nephew who played thru the amps-we represented Boogie well...my Coli(2 thiele w/ ev's) , Jay's 60/100 combo, and dennis had a simul C+-(Joey B. , the "keeper of the flame", kept his monsters under lock, key, and Smith and Wesson)
-at the end of the day, I was real happy I owned a Boogie-it was mostly a class A open back extravaganza until we fliiped the switches.....
got a lot of compliments on the tolex job (HERE, HERE, GTS..!!)...Jay's amp had that "liquid", as one hungover onlooker told me later-i really think a lot of people were surprised at the CLEAN/LOW GAIN qualities of the Boog's-they were xpecting things to be a lot,uhh, different, I guess!!

The funny thing is that the "supposed" harsh, brittle sounding EV's were hooked to the higher/highest powered amps in the house. Nothing but a smooth, creamy sound from the C+ mafia for sure. :D

Did the same thing sort of @ a local "18 Watt Club" I just brought my F30 to everyone's shagrin. All I can say is that my $700.00 Boogie held up just fine with all the hand wired crowd at a fraction of the price! Marketing does funny things to people.

Latest posts

Back