Amp placement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch71

Reaction score
This may seem like a silly question but I've moved my amps to the garage, has high ceilings, better sound, can close the door so it drives the wife less crazy.

It get's hot in there obviously with the weather we're having. I'm always sweating; which has drastically reduced my string life.

Anywho, does the heat effect the life of my tubes?

clutch71 said:
This may seem like a silly question but I've moved my amps to the garage, has high ceilings, better sound, can close the door so it drives the wife less crazy.

It get's hot in there obviously with the weather we're having. I'm always sweating; which has drastically reduced my string life.

Anywho, does the heat effect the life of my tubes?

I wouldnt worry about the life of your tubes...the rest of the amp may not be keen on being in such a waterlogged environment.

that's how I'm interpreting his post.

i would just put some wheels on the 4x12 and haul it into the garage whenever you're going to play.

It's like watching grass grow. You don't see anything, but the oxidation is occurring.

I was wondering the same thing, because I practice in a non-environment controlled storage unit facility that rents their units to bands. It doesn't get as hot as outside, but I was wondering about the moisture. I sometimes leave my head there with my cab and cover it with the cloth cover that it came with. Would that cloth catch the moisture that gets in there (I've never had anything feel damp in there, even when there's high humidity or after it rained outside. My cab is in a flight case that gets sealed back up, and I have a headcase that I could put my head in. Do I need to put it in the case to avoid any type of oxidation or is the cover enough? There isn't anything on the transformers now, and we've had the space for about 1/2 a year now. Thanks guys

-AJH

for your practice space, if you have power in there 24/7, and the place closes up relatively tight, you could get yourselves a home dehumidifier and it'll kick in and out while you're not there.

this is totally not an issue where I live--more the opposite, guitars dry out in the winter--but I had a friend in Tennessee whose band did that.

if it's running a lot it'll heat up the room pretty bad, though, and I'm guessing north carolina in the summer, you don't want it any hotter...

That's a good idea, we do have constant power there, and I'll be sure to mention a dehumidifier to the guys. Sounds like a good investment to me. Thanks a lot.

We practice in a garage studio that's been soundproofed. I had one of those air conditioners/dehumidifiers that sits on the floor, so and we use it to exhaust the hot air out of that room. We've name it R2D2, which is appropriate it's looks.

Latest posts

Back