amp advice....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveda

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I have a dilema of sorts. I currently have a 3 channel dual rec and a matching 212 rectifier cabinet. The problem is I do like the sound, but, I had a neck injury and I am having issues getting it around. I am not married to a recitifier either. I mostly play at church now and the type of music we play varies from harder stuff like Pocket full of rocks and Kutless, to mid-gain contemporary worship stuff. I am looking for a combo. 112 Would be preferred. I have tried to find a MK IV in my area but nobody seems to carry any. Would I be losing anything other than the obvious things such as a third channel and tube rectification going to a ROV? On a different note, does anyone know about the Bogner Shiva? How would that compare to a ROV or my Dual Rectifier? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Steve.

Thought about the 550? It was great cleans and nice distortion. I asked someone here whom has both the 550 and mark 4 and he said that 550 is in the same vein as the mark 4. Just a thought, something you can look into.

hey steveda,, I own the ROV. Its a great amp and will probably do most of what the triple rec offers minus some obvious additional features.
I also own the 2x12 rec cab and use it with my ROV.
The only problem I see with the ROV for you is, if you have a hard time moving the 2x12 your probably going to struggle with the ROV.
The 2x12 is a bit larger in size than the ROV but not much and the weight of the ROV is pretty close to the 2x12.. Its a very cumbersome combo and can easily house 2x12 but comes only with a single 12.
Good luck to you.

Steveda said:
...I had a neck injury and I am having issues getting it around.

Steve sorry to hear about your neck injury. "I had" implies past and your interests aren't light so sounds like your moving in a positive healing direction! In fact you may have GAS too?

Amps and cabs are heavy pieces of equipment. I haven't found much that's light and sounds good.

If you visit this post ...

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9622

...and scrawl to the end you will see the dimension and weight of all of Mesa's cab and amps.

Shiva amp weight info...
Head - 11 1/2" height x 24 1/2" width x 10 1/2" depth, 41pounds
1x12 Combo - 23" height x 24 1/2" width x 10 1/2" depth, 68pounds
2x10 Combo - 23" height x 24 1/2" width x 10 1/2" depth, 71 pounds
2x12 Combo - 21 1/2" height x 27 3/8" width x 10 1/2" depth, 71 pounds

Sling Blade mentioned the a 5:50 but the weight is not on there. The ROV has a nice bite like a DR or TR and the single speaker sounds pretty good. Look at my posts on Rigs and Tones if you want to hear the ROV. It's not terrible to move.

I use a J-Station (like a POD) to practice, it's light (about 4 lbs), portable, and (important for the wife) quiet.

God speed on the healing man.

Thanks for the replies and well wishes. I broke my neck Jan 31st and they found a tumor...but all is going good now. I had surgery in Feb, well on the road to wellness. The biggest issue I have with the 212 cabinet is it is very clumsy. There really isn't a good way to carry the darn thing. I will keep my eye out. Thanks again for all the info.

Steve.

Back