After brownout Roadster seems to have lost bass

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwjrdto2000

Reaction score
I was playing channel 1, nothing major, just tinkering, and we had a brownout, the power was real dim, lights going on and off; it took a second to realize what was happening. I turned off the roadster and the Furman power conditioner. After the power came back I turned everything back on and noticed that the amp was trebly. My wife even said it sounded "hi pitched". I can get the bass back by increasing the bass setting on the amp or changing my tone knob.

I also wonder if its just my imagination, but with her saying it sounded hi pitched, it seems that maybe I'm not imagining things. Has anyone had this happen? Is there a tube or tubes I could change to see if the bass comes back? There was no smoke coming from the amp, no fuse blew, and otherwise it seems to be operating fine.

You may want to invest in a Furman Voltage Regulator....

I had a similar thing happen to me (Mark IV) a few years ago when we had that big heat wave in the Northeast.

I have since invested in the VR...and have never experienced any issues with brownouts.....worse case -- extreme brownout, the unit shuts down to protect your gear

interesting...... this same thing happened to me the other day.... i thought it was just my ears being tired for playing for a while but maybe not

Back