Acoustic Guitars Through Mesas ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolRails

Reaction score
I have a question for you all. I'm sure the majority of us play proper solid body electric guitars through our Mesas, per my observation the majority either the F's The G's or the PRS's. But does anyone here play their acoustic guitar (s) through their Mesa (s) extensively?

I am the recent owner of a Taylor 110E, and I play it through my LoneStar special quite frequently. I get a great tone (the gain doesn't do much though) and sometimes the Feedback becomes an issue at extremely high volumes. I find that i use the Gain to fatten the sound more than add distortion, but don't get it much past 12:00 which is where I usually have it with this amp anyway.

I have yet to try my guitar through an acoustic amp, and the model I have has the ES Blue expression system which is average I think (it is Taylor's "entry level"). So I have little to compare the "electric acoustic" tone to.

So, any users of Acoustics and Mesas?

I play my Taylor 314CE through my RK1 and F-50 quite a bit. I don't have an acoustic amp, so I go with what I have. I think that I get a good tone from both amps with it. A friend also plays his Ovation through his LSS and it sounds great.

Like you, I usually keep the gain on the lower side in the noon area on the clean channel. If more volume is needed, I use a Feedback Buster, which is a rubber plug that fits in and covers the sound hole. That gives you more volume. Or less if you're playing acoustically, and everyone in the house is sleeping.

I guess that acoustic amps are supposed to give a more crystal sound and have feedback controls and such, but the Boogies have worked pretty well.

+1 here.

I've run my Martin DC Aura and a Gibson CJ-165 through my Lonestar Special and both sound wonderful and warm.

I Just can't imagine a Fender Acoustasonic would sound better than the LSS (That's practically blasphemy just typing that). I kind of have an itch to fire one up in the Acoustic Room @ G.C. to check it out, but that's why it's called the "Acoustic" room... You never want to be the a-hole firing up an amp in there.

I don't have a elctro-acoustic, but know many who do and have played their rigs. Only one of them has acoustic amp all the others run a BBE ACOUSTIMAX infront of their amp or PA and it's simply amazing sounding.

I'm not one to come out and say look this is the tool, but I swear it fixes everything for $200.00

Back