Ace, Lonestar, Mark V???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjsc5

Reaction score
Which amp will get me closest to AC/DC, Led Zep, Hendrix, Gary Moore, and SRV? Not particularly in that order. Only using a pedal if absolutely needed. I am not interested in buying a Marshall. Thanks

Go with the Ace.

The Mark V will do all the stuff well, especially with EL34s instead of 6L6s, but if that's what you're after, you don't need to spend the cash on the V.

rjsc5 said:
Which amp will get me closest to AC/DC, Led Zep, Hendrix, Gary Moore, and SRV? Not particularly in that order. Only using a pedal if absolutely needed. I am not interested in buying a Marshall. Thanks

Ummm... I think you need about 5 different amps and at least 2 pedals. :lol:

Actually check out a Fender Supersonic.... and get a TS808. That'd get you closest.

theroan said:
Given the variety of tones you want to acheive, your ONLY choice is the Mark V.

The Mark V might get you close to AC/DC or Led Zep (kind of.... ) but I dont see it for Hendrix, Gary Moore or SRV.

You need a Mark VI !!!!

Analog Kid said:
Electradyne.

this or a Lonestar. They all had epic cleans. The Stilettos have really good cleans, but the ED and LS are a little better. Gain wise, I don't think you need as much as is available on the Stiletto. Try them all out though and make your own decision.

That whatever the "pushed" mode was called (maybe that was even it) on the clean channel of the Ace, sent my Custom 24 to instant Strat land.

I play a Mark V now which covers a lot more ground. But if those are the specific tones you are looking for, the Ace will do just fine.

In my own opionion I have owned a lonestar classic and a stiletto but not a V but I have played one several times. I could really only recomend the Electradyne for the wide variety tones you are looking for. Just my 2 cents.

Well, you want the closest thing to a marshall sound, which to me would be a stilletto, but really mate all those bands use Marshall amps so you know what I'm gonna say!

Back