Ace Combo & Fender Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstefani

Reaction score
Today I picked up a Fender 63 RI reverb unit.
First thing I did was run it through the effects loop of the Ace.

So far so good, it sounds great. This is just the first day so I may have more to say later but since I play more blues type of style with the Ace than metal the reverb was missed. I got the idea from seeing one of these units on the guitar player from Los Lonely Boy's Marshall's. I figured it couldn't hurt to try one.

I like it much better than my Boss DD6!

- dstefani

Excellent combination, my friend! I use a G-Major in my loop to get my reverb. I would like your idea better, except I use the modulation efects too.

Somewhat related: I had both A & B switch on to have my Rivera Quiana Studio (6L6) & Stillto Trident (EL34), and the simultaneous combination was out of this world. Rivera was set on Ch. 1 w/ natural gain up, and the Stiletto on ch. 2 tite gain. Stiletto covered the mid range very well and complimented the sparkly character of the Rivera.

I'll have record this combo for you guys.

I hope my RKII w/ EL34+6L6 combination ability will product something as spectacular as the above.

Well after playing the ace with the reverb unit for a few days I've got to say I really dig it. The reverb unit, being analog is so nice. I really don't like digital at all.

I think it's a keeper!

- dstefani

I was considering getting the same Fender 63 reissue unit for my Ace combo.

Right now I picked up a used ALEX for $40 dollars and it has some decent
reverb echo and delay sounds but it dampens the amp quite a bit.

How is your volume with the unit engage in the fx loop?
With the reverb unit fooot switch off, does it completely Bypass the effect without volume dimunition?

Thanks,
Louis

I'd rather not go through the loop, but if I want the reverb it's the only way.

I crank the loop signal, the volume is fine. It's just compressed a bit through the loop, but not too bad.

I really like the ace best straight in no pedals, nothing.
But sometimes I miss the reverb and the Fender unit does it perfectly.
I really hate the Boss DD6 with the Ace, the tube reverb is very sweet!

- dstefani

Post some clips with the reverb if you don't mind.. I'm very curious about it, thinking about a similar purchase myself.

I'll try, I'm under the gun with a deadline right now and I really have no business even posting now! :shock:

But, ya know, priorities! ;-)

In a few days, keep an eye here.

- dstefani

Latest posts

Back