about to make a purchase

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nknyc

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I am looking to get a rec this week, I have played both the singles and duals. So I was set on the dual. My friend however had a dual for a few years and sold it off and didnt really like it in the end. Since then he has been anti mesa. however his bandmate got a triple to replace his dual.
Now he is in love, lol. He sold his bogner and picked one up himself. He claims the tone is much different than the dual and its the best amp he has ever played. My nearest store is out of triples so I wont be able to play one for a while and I would like to make the purchase soon. So my question is for those who have owned both. I love the tone of the dual, is there that much of a difference in tone and is that much power needed for small gigs and jamming?

Thanks a lot :D

I prefer my dual rectifier to my triple rectifier, but I think they both sound good. If you are going to get a rectifier, I would shoot for a 2 channel model. I wouldn't pay full sticker price on the newer 3 channel rec's...especially when most people prefer the tone on the 2 channel Rectifier Heads. Just my 2 cents. Goodluck!

I must agree... buy used. Let some other guy take the initial depreciation hit. Though the Triples have more bottom and headroom I prefer my 2 ch. Dual even without the big footcontroller that the new triple gives you nor the extra channel. My cleans are so-so with the DR but if I want clean I plug into my Mark IV.

it's likely that guy purchased a 2ch Triple after having owned a 3ch Dual.

There is not much difference between a Triple and a Dual save for extra headroom. That's it...

could have also been because of tubes, the older 3 channels shipped with 430's, now mesa ships all with 440's which is a much better sounding tube.

I also vote for the 2 channel, mucb much better sounding.

Back