about the effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson58

Reaction score
Question about the effects loop. I don't plug any effects into the loop but I leave it on and make adjustments with the blend knob. I usually leave it at 12 o'c because it seems to get really loud in hard bypass...what's you guys take on this effects loop? just a little confused...steve

Mine's hard bypassed all the time, although one of the reasons for that is that my LSS (still in warranty) has a problem with it where when it's engaged the amp's volume fades in and out and it crackles and generally behaves in a very un-Mesa fashion. Last year my reason for not sending it back was that it was my main gigging amp and I really preferred using it over my VOX AC30, which was my backup.

Also in 25-or-so years of playing, I've only ever tried the FX loops out on my various amps, probably, around twice. Twice in total. All of my effects are pedals and most of them are some kind of boost or distortion/overdrive.

Halfway through last year I bought a TransAtlantic TA-15, which is spectacular, and although I don't think it's necessarily better than the LSS (I can't make up my mind which I prefer) it's much more portable than my LSS 2x12 combo, so it's become my main gigging amp. This means I really should get my LSS fx loop looked at, I don't really need the solo volume functionality since I boost my signal with pedals for solos, so it's never really been a pressing issue the moment the hard bypass fixed the hissing, fading, and general un-Mesa-ish nasty noises.

Setting at 12:00 sounds good. Do you use the solo function? If not, just turn off the loop.

Latest posts

Back