A version / B version

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorshelter

Reaction score
I cannot find when Mesa switched from A to B for the Mark IV, I guess it could be around 93/94 but I'm not sure, and if someone knows the real differences between the 2, I saw somewhere that the A version has 2 loops, the B version only 1 loop but stereo plus possibility to control a satelite and more gain on R2....

Asking that because I want to get a second Mark IV preferably a A version since the other I have is a A version and I found one used but the guy tells me it's 3 years old.....

Well! If it's 3 years old it's not an A. The A is closest sounding to the Mark IIC+ lead channel, the B has a TAD more gain on Rh2 and one loop. The A has a Normal loop and a footswitchable loop.
The early B I believe were made around 93/94 too, early B's still had the hardwired AC power cable.

Between the 2 there isn't a HUGE amount of difference at all. It's all personal taste. Each one can do what the other does, just a slight bit different.

Listen for yourself.
I myself have an A and havn't played a B yet, but I still love it to death :p
No tone I havn't liked yet :)

Thanks for the answer, I don't understand why the guy thinks his amp is 3 years old anyway, I think I'm gonna try to find a A version, as I know this one I cannot be disappointed....

Latest posts

Back