A used LSC for $1150

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyp

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. Since playing one of these at Gc Ive been thinking about one on a daily basis. I found a 1 year old 112 for $1150. Seems like a decent price but I'm a little worried about it being shipped from the west coast to the east coast where I'm located. If this were at a local store I'd be all over it. I dont have that much faith in UPS. What do you guys think?

I would make sure that the guy ships it with the tubes taken out and there's ample crushed paper all the way around it. Mesa recommends 6 inches of crushed newspaper, not the styrene popcorn. You'll spend days trying to dig that stuff out of the electronics. It's going to get banged around a bit, so it'll make a difference as to how well it's packed.

Crushed paper is so much better than that environmentally foul packing popcorn.

I would think that the air pocket packs that Amazon tends to use would be good too... but I'd go with what Mesa recommends. :D

I just sent an amp to Mesa. They said use plenty of bubble wrap. I just want a picture of the guy who unwraps mine. :D

Thanks, I think I'm gonna pass on it. With shipping of around $125 to $150 I would be better off just getting a new one. I'm going to try and hold out for a used one locally or atleast a little closer. I do love that amp though.

I'm surprised that Mesa recommends crushed paper. My experience has been that a heavy amp will compress the paper and allow the amp to flop around in the newly created free space. You'd have to pack an awful lot of paper in there REALLY tightly to avoid that, which most people won't do properly. And 6 inches of it? On all six sides? Probably would work if done properly, but that's a ton of paper and your box needs to be a full foot bigger than the amp in all three dimensions.

Bubble wrap and packing peanuts together work very well, but the box needs to be filled to the point where there's enough pressure on the peanuts when the box is closed to keep them from shifting around. Pretty sure they make newer enviro-friendly peanuts that are water soluble.

Back