a Single Recto series question....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaMc-G

Reaction score
From personal experience...I like the series one Dual Recto's better than the series 2(of course). Now....is there the same tone difference between series 1 and series 2 SINGLE Recs? help
Mc-G

Good question..I don't know! I haven't followed the evolution of the rectifiers very closely. Do you prefer the Dual Series 1 in both tube and silicon modes?

I remember reading that some folks preferred the sound of the Series 2 Single over the Series 1, but I thought that the biggest difference was in the construction topology (mounting of tube sockets and stuff), not the design of the circuit. But, as I said, I haven't followed it. I guess I will now!

I'm anxious to hear from folks who've played both!

I heard the same argument about the single rectos and Rectoverbs as I head with the 2 and 3 channel Dual Rectos when I was shopping for one. The deal breaker for me was that I heard the series 1 has a longer delay when switching channels than the series 2. I also thought I wanted the RAW mode the series 2 offered, but I never used it.

I was told that the series 2 was more agressivly voiced and the series 1 was a bit warmer sounding, but I never found out in person. I got a series 2 and was pretty happy with it until GAS hit and I wanted a Road King.

I had both ROV combos and the cleans seemed a little warmer on the 1, while the gain seemed more aggressive on the 2. Keep in mind, I had different tubes and the amps were not A/B'd so it might be just a mind trick.

I agree with Tele_Jas, I thought I'd use the raw mode and never have.

Things I like about the 2 are:
The reverb switch in the front (not applicable with a single rec NON ROV)
Being able to switch to EL34's, which I did, then switched back.
Newer amp :wink:

MesaMc-G said:
From personal experience...I like the series one Dual Recto's better than the series 2(of course). Now....is there the same tone difference between series 1 and series 2 SINGLE Recs? help
Mc-G

I have to say in my personal expirience: I owned a Trem-O-verb which I would consider a Series 1 Rectifier being that it was a 1996 year model and it just couldnt get nasty enough for my tastes. I didnt find the tightness and clarity in it that I wanted. I ended up trading it for my Tripple Rec 3 Channel (series II) and that definatly fixed the issue!! It seems clearer and much...heavier...I dont know how else to say it.. :wink:

Latest posts

Back