A Funk/Soul Youtube w/Classic (My Trio + Sexy Female Singer)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucidology

Reaction score
Here's a youtube montage of our band a couple of weeks ago.
I'm plugged into a Lonestar Classic using a Gibson PM signature model w/Lindy Fralins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXt-43NwKY&feature=rela

Obviously I try to dial in a crystal clean tone... with just solo grit for OD on the 2nd channel
Would be great to hear of your impressons ...

Man you guys really got it together!!!
Very nice oh I love you guitar too 8)

Nice tone. Sounds great! Nice licks also. What else (fx) are you running? Cuz I'm hearing something strange occasionally on the leads.

Thanks HandyAndy

plan-x said:
Nice tone. Sounds great! Nice licks also.
What else (fx) are you running? Cuz I'm hearing something strange occasionally on the leads.

Thanks plan-x..
You've got good ears.... in the first tune you'll hear me holding/sustaining a synth string patch with my right foot,
while I vamp over the top..

Whenever you see my right leg go even more to the right,
that is when I bring in a guitar synth tone while I'm playing lead...

Excuse my ignorance and poor eye sight but what guitar is that you are playing? The headstock is throwing me and I cant read the name on it.

Cool video and great playing buy all. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.

lostcause said:
Excuse my ignorance and poor eye sight but what guitar is that you are playing? The headstock is throwing me and I cant read the name on it.

Cool video and great playing buy all. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.

Hey thanks so much for digging it..

That's a Pat Martino Semi-Hollow Signature Gibson (the unusual headstock has a different pull on the strings)
Key for me, was dropping in Lindy Fralin Twangmasters and taking the Classic '57s out ...
The Fralin's transform the Gibson much more into a Tele type of sound

Hotness!

Love the tone!

What are your settings on the LSC? Tube Rectifying? Tweed?....etc

peace
JJ

jjboogie said:
Hotness!

Love the tone!

peace
JJ

Thanks JJ ...

1st channel, 100 watts, Gain 6, Treble 1 O'clock. Mid 0, Bass 3, Presence 11, Master 12 noon
2nd channel, 100 watts, Drive 2 O'clock, Gain 3 O'clock, Treble 2 O'clock Mid 0, Bass 1/2 Presence 2, Master 3 (variable)

...oh yeah, you wanted impressions.

Really nice tone. I'm not familiar with those pickups, but they sound sweet -- are these like a P90 twist or something? Forgive my ignorance.

What are you running in front? Great rhythm playing and nicely in the pocket; are you using some compression to smooth out the attack?

Like the tasty lead tone too. Works well with your chops, everything's clear and well-defined. Again, great playing.

lucidology said:
jjboogie said:
Hotness!

Love the tone!

peace
JJ

Thanks JJ ...

1st channel, 100 watts, Gain 6, Treble 1 O'clock. Mid 0, Bass 3, Presence 11, Master 12 noon
2nd channel, 100 watts, Drive 2 O'clock, Gain 3 O'clock, Treble 2 O'clock Mid 0, Bass 1/2 Presence 2, Master 3 (variable)

Thanks man.

It's funny but I have found myself over the years now evolving to no mids or very very little on any amp I use too!

jjboogie said:
lucidology said:
jjboogie said:
Hotness!

Love the tone!

peace
JJ

Thanks JJ ...

Thanks man.

It's funny but I have found myself over the years now evolving to no mids or very very little on any amp I use too!

Actually a lot of those settings change from room to room, but the usually mids always stay off ...
Especially with a guitar that has a lot of midrange already ...

lucidology said:
Actually a lot of those settings change from room to room, but the usually mids always stay off ...
Especially with a guitar that has a lot of midrange already ...

True.....You know I find that I end up doing a lot of changes with pedal settings from room to room as well.

Some rooms I prefer one overdrive over another.

Howdy Joseph! You're playing always brings a smile to my face.

BTW...I just bought a Lone Star Special and decided to join this board.So....nice seeing you here.

Mister John said:
Howdy Joseph! You're playing always brings a smile to my face.

BTW...I just bought a Lone Star Special and decided to join this board.So....nice seeing you here.

Good to see you here John ...
You're gonna love that Special ...!!

Man you got sick tones and sicker chops! Really really good stuff. I always had such a hard time getting that type of sound out of my TOV. When I finally broke down and got a Lonestar that kind of did it for me. I really dig your style and have done similar stuff for many years, although not quite as Jazzy based.

One more thing... YOUR DRUMMER IS OFF THE CHAIN! HOLY CRAP! SO IN THE POCKET! ...and please forgive me, but is he white? LOL! If he is he plays like a brotha! I haven't met too many cats that play that phat and in the pocket. Love that stuff!

One more thing;
If you don't own Maxwell's new album BLACKsummersnight you would really enjoy the musicianship on it. It's all live instruments in the studio, hardly any samples or electronic tracks that spoils modern R&B and pop stuff. Live horn section and beautiful soulful arrangements. Very old school R&B sounding with a modern flair. (what am I saying, you mostly likely already have it) Only draw back (for me) to it is that there is very little guitar on it.

Your video made my day. So appreciate you posting it!

vitor gracie said:
Man you got sick tones and sicker chops! Really really good stuff. I always had such a hard time getting that type of sound out of my TOV. When I finally broke down and got a Lonestar that kind of did it for me. I really dig your style and have done similar stuff for many years, although not quite as Jazzy based.

One more thing... YOUR DRUMMER IS OFF THE CHAIN! HOLY CRAP! SO IN THE POCKET! ...and please forgive me, but is he white? LOL! If he is he plays like a brotha! I haven't met too many cats that play that phat and in the pocket. Love that stuff!

One more thing;
If you don't own Maxwell's new album BLACKsummersnight you would really enjoy the musicianship on it. It's all live instruments in the studio, hardly any samples or electronic tracks that spoils modern R&B and pop stuff. Live horn section and beautiful soulful arrangements. Very old school R&B sounding with a modern flair. (what am I saying, you mostly likely already have it) Only draw back (for me) to it is that there is very little guitar on it.

Your video made my day. So appreciate you posting it!

Hey thanks Victor ...way cool to meet you too.

Latest posts

Back