60 watt mkll c+. Dose it measure up?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Leggs

Reaction score
Can anyone please help me with mk llC+ 60 watt amps. How do they compare to simulclass or 60/100's. Do they have the same responsiveness, how about sustain, tone ? If you've played or owned all these amps could you please tell me how they differ. Is the 60 watt worth having. THANK YOU

I'm having both simul and a 60 C+.
If you wonder to get it or not? the answer is GET IT.
The difference is the 60 is a bit more raw sounding then the simul (think aggressive)
I find my simul to be a bit tighter in the bottom end and a little clearer in clean, however which one is better than the other comes down to taste only. I do switch between them all the time and wouldn't sell any of them. I can't think of any amp in the world I'd rather have.
Good luck and when you get it post pictures or it didn't happen ;-)

If you had a choice between a 60 watt or a 60/100 watt. which would you prefer. Dose the 60 watt sound different than the 60/100 set at 60 watts. ( I already have a 60/100 watt). THANKS

I haven't A/B a 60 with a 100, so I can't tell, but there will be a difference in headroom. But I have read earlier somewhere that they sound very similar.

When I was looking I tried a 60 watt combo at guitar center. I was blown away it sounded killer. I put it on layaway and snapped photos of transformers. I then found the power transformer was later replacement. I found another one a coliseum so I gave up on the 60 to buy the coli with original iron. Im glad I did it sounds killer too! I would like to have one of each version. The 60 combo sounded more raw and coli more chugga

Back