60 watt mark III's and Eminince 150's opinions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the 60 watt mark III's compared to the simulclass ones?

also, just curious what you guys think about the eminince black shadow 150 watt speakers?
are these good for high gain?

your thoughts?

Well I have 60 W Mark III with that Eminence speaker. Maybe I should record some sound clips. Or maybe I suggest to my band mates that we will record Limelight by Rush.

I have tested Mark III Simul-class blue stripe with two EL34 tubes. I didn't like it at all when I tried (Class A switched) low or high gain sounds.

Mark III Simul-class green stripe with four 6L6 tubes has better clean channel (Simul-class switched) than my 60 W Mark III blue stripe. High gain sound of that green stripe simul class was very good. My 60 W blue stripe also sounds very good with high gain settings. Both were good but they were just different. You must try them all!

Well, we recorded Limelight but it was just the whole band in a small room catched by two microphones. It's a trio and our bass player is the singer.

Edit: Link removed

My C+ combo has an Eminence (not sure which one) and it's effin great. Smooth top end, nice clarity. Good low end....It complements the C+ well.

one reason i lik emy mark iii so much is ... my old green strip had a C-90, but this purplestripe has a Eminence 150 ... great speaker, IMO. of course, i will try to compare with a EVM-12L one day soon in a thiele (maybe).

I removed the song. I had three reasons:

1. It might be illegal to publish cover versions in this forum
2. Sound quality was bad
3. Too many mistakes

JimAnsell said:
what do you guys think about the 60 watt mark III's compared to the simulclass ones?

also, just curious what you guys think about the eminince black shadow 150 watt speakers?
are these good for high gain?

your thoughts?

I have 60 watt Mark II and 60 watt Mark III (black dot) and
personally one of my favorite speakers with either is the
Eminence Man o War. It sounds similar to Mesa C90 but
has smoother and more balanced mids and better top end
and tighter lower end. Really nice speaker that is 120 watts
but is also very efficient. It will have your 60 watt Boogies
sounding huge. Oh yeah the Man O War sounds great
for cleans and loves overdrive.

Latest posts

Back