50 watt settings and speaker configurations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneguy86

Reaction score
Hi all,

One more topic...

I know this has been batted about before, but just curious what people are doing as far as speaker loads on LSCs. I think the manual says using the 4 ohm jack with both channels on 50 watts is suggested. However, if I remember right, that was only if you wanted a bit more of a "brighter, snappier response." How many here are doing this? If you still run out of the 8 ohm jack...why? What is the sound difference you have found? More to the point...is it alright to run both channels at 50 watts and use the 8 ohm jack. The manual doesn't say you can't.

Thanks.

i run @ 50watt's/8 ohms most of the time: no issues at all.

Tonal differences are relative: configure for your ears.

toneguy86 said:
Hi all,

One more topic...

I know this has been batted about before, but just curious what people are doing as far as speaker loads on LSCs. I think the manual says using the 4 ohm jack with both channels on 50 watts is suggested. However, if I remember right, that was only if you wanted a bit more of a "brighter, snappier response." How many here are doing this? If you still run out of the 8 ohm jack...why? What is the sound difference you have found? More to the point...is it alright to run both channels at 50 watts and use the 8 ohm jack. The manual doesn't say you can't.

Thanks.

I run 50w both channels @ 8ohm. I prefer it to the 4ohm output, just felt tighter.

I have been wondering the same thing myself. I'm using a 2x12 LSC Combo at 8 ohms currently. I've always been a combo guy, so I've just left the speaker configurations where they were. In the manual it says "If you are using the amplifier with both Channels set to the 50 watt output setting, try connecting an 8 ohm load to the 4 ohm jack. This scheme provides a brighter, snappier response and is preferable for certain styles." I'm going for the tele twang kind of sound and I'm running both channels at 50 watts so it sounds right up my alley. If I keep this amp set up at 4 ohms will wear out my tubes faster? Also, would it be bad if I switched over to 10 watts or 100 watts? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back