3ch Dual Rec....I think I love ch2 more!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivsaken

Reaction score
When I first got this amp I pretty much ad this in my head:

Ch3 for rhythm set on Modern(gain backed off for tightness)
Ch2 for solo set in vintage

Yesterday I picked up a behringer fcb1010 to control my Gmajor with. So, my first task was to get the volume for ch2 and ch3 as close to the same as possible so there wouldn't be any noticeable drops or anything switching live.

My presets for everything are already in the gmajor and made sure to set all the preset output volumes to -6dB for boost room if I needed it.

Going back and forth between channels, when I hit ch2 it obviously just less power (im guessing) on vintage mode and to get the volume the same the master needed to be cranked a little more then ch3. I have the gain at about 3- 3:30 on my ch2 vintage, but it still sounded a little sterile and weak.

I turned ch2 to over to modern, which I never did before, and I was pretty blown away. On ch3 I have to leave the gain around 2:00 to keep it tight but ch2 still seemed pretty tight with the gain about 3=3:30 and SATURATED. This channel almost ripped my face off.

Well if you have gotten this far I don't know my point other then this. I love my Mesa, but its almost frustrating to the point that you think you have your tone figured out and you discover new possibilities. It's fun for a bit to play and find your sound, but maybe I just don't know what I am looking for in the first place.

If you're running your gain anything above and including 3o clock on your dial you're getting almost no tone and all gain making your EQ essentially pointless.... just an fyi.

I actually dont even use channel 3 anymore. I may aswell get a 2 channel rectifier.

channel 2 is just so much better in modern then channel 3.

MesallicA said:
I actually dont even use channel 3 anymore. I may aswell get a 2 channel rectifier.

channel 2 is just so much better in modern then channel 3.

You can call Mesa and get a replacement Presence pot with the same value as channel 2, that's the only difference between the 2 channels is the Presence pot value from reading the manual.

So you could have 2 duplicate channel 2's to mess around with and gain some functionality back.......l

Back