2x12 volume and balance???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitflogger

Reaction score
Hi,

Should my two speakers be rather equal in tone? My right speaker is much louder than left. The left does vibrate but it has none of the mid and high frequency strength the other. They are indeed wired parallel and the one I'm describing as dull is the first that has the speaker to jack wire with plug and it's in the 8 ohm "optional/35 watt" jack.

This is my first amp with more than one speaker so I don't have the frame of reference to know if this is right, and it may explain why the amp is dark sounding compared to my Fender.

Thanks for any advice.

Most cabs tend to have speakers of slightly different volumes and tonalities... it comes down to inconsistencies in manufacturing as well as placement inside the cab. Also, if the cab is relatively new then one speaker may have broken in slightly faster than the other.

Typically, I've found new, unbroken in speakers to sound stiff and lacking in power. Usually speakers have their most significant tonal shift and start to settle in after 5-7 hours of loud playing, then continue to improve for another 40 to 60 hours.

If you can, I'd suggest a couple of loud sessions to see if the speaker breaks in some more and sorts the problem out.

If your LSS is too dark, try turning up the treble knob to somewhere around 1:00 to 3:00. The treble knob controls the overall tonality of the amp more than the actual treble response and in general it's best to turn it up. Use the presence knob to control the actual upper end response.

Latest posts

Back